It’s tough to be a sports fan in today’s world!
If we want to watch all our favorite teams, we have to have local channels, cable TV, and at least three different streaming services. And if we want to be a real fan, we have to be active members of no fewer than three fantasy leagues.
“I’m in six fantasy football leagues, two of them are dynasty, one league is with my coworkers, and I’m the commissioner of my family’s fantasy football league,” said an exhausted fan. “And then one of those fantasy football leagues is a basketball league. And now my new brother-in-law is inviting me to join his fantasy football league, but it’s a hockey league. What the hell am I supposed to do?”
Sorry, buddy! Buckle in and start doing some FANTASY HOCKEY MOCK DRAFTS! LET’S GOOOOOOOO!
Fun fact: if you click on an article about a mock draft and leave the tab open for a while in your browser, the knowledge will slowly float through the air and into your brain. You don’t even have to read it to reap the benefits!
Here are some tips from folks who are in the know about sports!
- Create a Google Calendar or an Outlook Calendar dedicated to sports events!
- Set reminders every time a game is about to start!
- Mock draft, mock draft, mock draft!
- Read about mock drafts! Sports journalists are so sick and tired of mock drafts, but they’re doing mock drafts for you so show your appreciation and read about the mock golf draft.
- Get a different notebook to keep tabs on each sport! Color-coding is your friend. Note: if you’re in a dynasty league, you may need a separate notebook for each college team–or in some cases, high school team!
- Buy five TV sets so you don’t miss a moment of the action!
- Quit your job so you don’t miss a moment of the action!
- Don’t sleep so you don’t miss a moment of the action!
- Keep living your regular life and sleeping and stuff, but miss out on moments of the action.
How did your last pickleball mock draft go? Share in the comments!